I will follow the Mighty One

Wednesday 30th October 2019
The Word of Life Daily Devotional
I will follow the Mighty One
Memory verse: - Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
Bible Reading: - Numbers 33: 1 – 56
Message
The chapter of the book of numbers under review this morning shows the record of goings of Israelites out of Egypt to the promise land. This is written for our learning; but the most striking thing about the passage was that Israelites went out with a high hand in the sight of Egyptians when they were burying their firstborn in every house coupled with intense judgment of God upon their gods. Their gods were unable to save them, neither could they withstand the power of God of Israel who is the true God of heaven and earth and the father of our Lord Jesus Christ. While they were mourning, the children of God went out in jubilation for they were delivered from tyrannical rule of Pharaoh who put a heavy yoke of oppression upon them.
This God who is ever mighty and whose power is incomparable and unconquerable, before whom Dagon the – the god of Philistines could not stand will be my God; only him will I serve. He is the master over every situation; no demon can withstand him, even the devil their master will always be in great awe before Him. In him, you and I are saved, we are overcomers, our lives will be hidden with Christ in Him.
I have decided to follow this God through Christ Jesus his only begotten son, no turning back; in him I have overcome the world. Joshua had tasted and knew how wonderful this God is and that was why he challenged the children of Israel to choose this God and prolong their days and that of their family. He is more than able to preserve us to the very end.
He said because you have set your love upon him, he will preserve thee and satisfy thee with long life. Every stubborn Egyptian that fails to repent will disappear like their master Pharaoh. They will fall and will not be able to stand but my God will strengthen me and make me triumph over every foe come what may. I choose to follow the Lord, I jettison every false worship and religion, I hold unto the rugged cross of Christ my redeemer and succourer, I will not give up by his special grace. As the song writer says:
My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
Confession of the Day: - I will follow and serve the God of heaven and earth; no any other will I serve in Jesus name.

Prayer Points: - I will serve the Lord in truth and in spirit, regardless of what man can do to me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STERLING LEADERSHIP

WELL OF LIFE

SUPPLYING OUR NEEDS