Unlearn Wrong Confession

Sunday 29th September, 2019
The Word of Life Daily Devotional
Unlearn Wrong Confession
Memory verse: - Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. (Proverb 18:21)
Bible Reading: - Numbers 13 and 14
Message
This world was created by the spoken words of God that let this or that be and it was established; it was so. You and I were also created by the word that “let us create man in our own image” and it was done. If the word in God’s mouth was so powerful, so are the words of men created by God and now recreated, reborn or renewed by Christ from the bondage of sin.
If you are born again, you ought to unlearn wrong confessions and begin to confess what God says about every challenge that comes your way. It is not a sin or a lie for the weak to say I am strong and for the sick to say I am well; I am whole; and for the needy to say I am blessed for he has given us all that pertain to life and to godliness through the knowledge of him that had called us to glory and to virtue.
In Mark chapter eleven verse twenty-three (Mark 11;23) Jesus said you will have whatsoever you saith. If you say you are sick, weak and fragile; you will have it and if you say I am well, strong hale and hearty even in the face of sickness, you shall be healed, you shall be made whole; you will have that which you confessed.
In our text today, Caleb and Joshua reaped life and long life for that matter for they wholly followed the Lord in confessing what God had said that they were well able to possess the land even in the face of giants and men of great stature. On the other hand, the other ten spies died in the wilderness for they said they were not able and they reaped exactly what they confessed.
Paul said for I believe God that there shall be performance of that which was told me and it came to pass because he maintained that confession and did act in unbelieve even in the face of stormy sea.
Wrong confession cancels prayers offered for you; it makes your prayers unanswered by God and cancels your faith in God. If Bible says “himself took my infirmities and bare my sickness” then in the face of sickness I can confess I am whole, I am well, I am healed by his stripes and that because he had borne my sicknesses, I bear them no more. Behold Abraham, the father of faith who hope against hope and did not stagger in faith through unbelief, he was fully persuaded that God was able to make good all his promises and eventually he had Isaac, the promised child.
Henceforth, unlearn your wrong confessions and begin to confess the word of God that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me and so on. Remember, there are promises of God concerning whatever challenges or problems you may encounter in this world of sin. Study the scriptures, know them, internalize them and confess them and you will be glad you did.
Confession of the Day
I can do all things through our Lord Jesus Christ who loves me and gave himself as ransom for all my sins. I am the redeemed of Lord, I am saved, I am delivered and shall be preserved even unto his heavenly kingdom.
Prayer Points

Lord, set a watch over my lips, keep the door of my mouth and bridle my tongue to a positive confession henceforth. Help me to be like thee Oh Lord my saviour; perform thy surgical operation on my heart and write the word upon the tables of my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STERLING LEADERSHIP

WELL OF LIFE

SUPPLYING OUR NEEDS