For You and Others

Saturday 29th June, 2019
The word of Life Daily Devotional
For You and Others
Memory verse: - Psalms 25: 2 – 3 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me. Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.
Bible Reading: -         Psalms 25: 1 – 22
Message
Believers’ greatest and indispensable weapon of war is prayer. It is both defensive and offensive spiritual weapon of war if coupled with watchfulness. A prayerful believer void of watchfulness can fall into satanic snare while a watchful believer without prayer will be weak and vulnerable to satanic attack; hence prayer and watchfulness over ones spiritual life are two inseparable means of being a strong believer.
However, it will be a selfish attitude to pray for oneself without interceding or standing in the gap for others around us: our leaders, our pastors, coworkers in his vineyard, relatives, colleagues, our subordinates, boss and for our nation as a whole. Scriptures commands us to do so in 1Tim 2: 1 – 3 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; and Samuel told Israel and by extension to us all that I will not sin against God by not praying for you.
Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you: but I will teach you the good and the right way [ 1Sam12:23]
This selfless kind of prayer was clearly seen in the life of the Psalmist today in twenty fifth chapter of Psalm whereby David prayed for himself and others.
David did it as a king over Israel nation and Samuel did it as a God chosen prophet of his people and believers today are made kings and priests unto God by Christ to stand in the gap for their nations and people therein.
I exhort you therefore to start praying for others and yourself according to God’s own revealed will for the prayers to be answered because the confidence we have in him is that if we ask for anything according to his will, he heareth us.
To be effective in our prayers we must avoid sin; we must take it away from our tabernacle and lift up clean hand and pure hearts to God for ourselves and others.
Jesus said what I say unto thee, I said unto all; watch and pray for yourself and others. May God help you to hold on to his banner; and serve him everywhere you go; and when you are tempted; God will give you grace to say no.
Confession of the Day
I will pray for myself and others according to His revealed word and I shall be heard by Him
Prayer Points
Give me Oh Lord thy Holy Spirit to enable me pray fervently for others and myself in Jesus name. Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STERLING LEADERSHIP

WELL OF LIFE

SUPPLYING OUR NEEDS