True Love

Sunday 27th January, 2019
Words of Life Daily Devotional
True Love
Memory verse: - John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
Bible Reading: - John 8: 1 – 59
Message
God is love and anyone who truly had been touched by him, born by him or regenerated by him shall love truly just like him. They do not think ill or evil of anyone whether they are enemies or friends talk less of killing them; they are sincere people speaking truth from their inward parts just like Jesus their master.
Jesus knew quite well that the Pharisees, Scribes and Sadducees were planning to kill him and told them their plan to kill him; but they denied it because they were evil from their father the devil concealing the truth and speaking lies in hypocrisy.
How is it with you? If you are truly of God, you will love all men; you will not think evil of any man; you will not hate anyone telling you the truth and you will always be interceding for your enemies’ salvation and deliverance from the evil powers that hold them captives for they are not the one doing evil against you but the devil in them.
Today we have some believers praying for the death of their enemies contrary to the command of Christ in Matthew 5 verse 44 that:
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
If you are like that praying for the death of your enemies it means evil had overcome you rather than good; you need to trace your steps back to the master who has Judas Iscariot in his team and did not for once pray for his death. If your enemies want to go to hell, you should not contribute to this fact, but you are to play your part in praying for them; do good unto them and bless them.
 If this seems impossible or strange to you them you are not of Christ for I am well persuaded that anyone in Christ Jesus will not hate or pray for the death of any man. Christ preached it; lived it out and passed it on to his disciples who in turn prayed for their persecutors even at the point of death and now to us. If you have the love of God who rains upon the righteous and the wicked equally and even give good gifts to those that hate him; you will manifest true love to all and sundry and even your enemies.
Ro 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good. Jesus went about doing good to all, delivering them that were oppressed of the devil; go and do likewise if you have him in you.
Confession of the Day
I am of God the maker of heaven and earth; I will love all around me and will not do evil unto any of them in season and out of season.
Prayer Points

My heavenly father, I give myself to you anew, cleanse me, purge me and create the right spirit of God within me to love all and not to hate any man.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STERLING LEADERSHIP

WELL OF LIFE

SUPPLYING OUR NEEDS