Called unto Peace and Holiness

Tuesday 31st July, 2018
Words of Life Daily Devotional
Called unto Peace and Holiness
Memory Verse: - Heb 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
Bible Reading: - 1Cor. 7: 1 – 40
Message
The seventh chapter of first Corinthians was dedicated to marital issues and one of the reasons why we must marry is to avoid sexual pollutions, to avoid fornication and uncleanness which children of Israel tried and twenty one thousand of them perished in a day. Wife and husband should render unto each other due benevolent and they should not defraud or deny one another in sexual matters so as not to fall into the snare of the devil. This they ought to do to maintain holiness without which no man shall see God.
Husband and wife must so coexist in such a way that young ones around them would want to marry and neighbours must also see Christ in them – they must be peaceful and peace loving people as becometh saints of God. Nagging, noisome, quarrelsome spouse is not of the Lord, it is of the world. If truly we have been touched by Christ, then we must be like him. God said in Mt 12:18 – 19 that we should “Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentile; He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.
Truly, it is a faithful saying that if any man is in Christ and Christ dwells in him, he shall be a peace loving person, fighting and noisy and silent quarrels, nagging and railing, abusing and cursing shall not be part of such person’s life, he is a new creature, old things are passed away; behold all things are become new.
If you are yet to experience this peaceful nature of Christ, it is because you are not ready to leave that old nature; unregenerate nature, satanic nature of grudge, malice and strife which if not repented of can catapult you to hell meant for Satan and his followers. Jesus Christ is ever ready to redeem, purge and cleanse whosoever comes to him. So go to him in faith, cry unto him to change your nature from deception, violent and evil to peaceful and holy nature of His.
Jesus said in Rev 3:20 that Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Confession of the Day
I will follow peace with all men and holiness all the days of my life and end up in heaven bye and bye.
Prayer Points
Lord, make me a partaker of your divine nature as you did for saints of old.
Jesus my saviour, I want more of you and none of self all the days of my life.
Purge me, sanctify me and perform thy surgical operation in me; remove from me the Adamic nature, inbred sins, root of bitterness and unregenerate nature of man.
Cleanse me with the precious blood you shed for me on the cross of Calvary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STERLING LEADERSHIP

WELL OF LIFE

SUPPLYING OUR NEEDS