GOODNESS AND SEVERITY OF GOD

                                                                                            WEDNESDAY JANUARY 31, 2018
Words of Life Daily Devotional
GOODNESS AND SEVERITY OF GOD
MEMORY VERSE: - Ro 11:22 behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
BIBLE READING: -Rom 11:1 – 36
It is very obvious from the above memory verse that the security of believers in Christ is conditional. It is conditioned on the fact that he continues in obedient faith to the end. Because of unbelief national Israel was going to reap the severe judgment of God, on the other hand the gentiles reaped the goodness of God through obedient of faith.
As long as you abide in Christ you have sure protection and answers to your prayers here in the world. John9:31 says “Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.”
If you honour God and keep his word he will honour you in return and also answer your prayers.
1Sa 2:30 Wherefore the Lord God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me forever: but now the Lord saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.
Jesus also said in [Jn 12:26] that “If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.”
The doctrine of eternal security that once saved you are forever saved regardless of whatever sin you commit thereafter is not of God but of the devil.
David told his son Solomon that if you seek God he will be found of thee, but if you forsake him he will cast thee away forever.
Jesus told that woman in Jn 8:11 that “…….. Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.”
God also said in Heb 10:38 that “Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man drawback, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
God said he will not have pleasure in you if you draw back into sin and your folly – that leads to perdition. The soul that sinneth shall die; shall be separated from God [spiritual death] and finally eternal death [second death] if he does not make his way right here on earth.
Now is the time grace; now is the day of salvation and renewal, tomorrow might be too late, amend your ways.
Prayer point

God help me to follow your banner and serve you everywhere I go and when temptation comes give me grace to say no!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STERLING LEADERSHIP

WELL OF LIFE

SUPPLYING OUR NEEDS