The Word of God in Believers

Tuesday 17th December, 2019
The Word of Life Daily Devotional
The Word of God in Believers
Memory Verse: - 1Th 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
Bible Reading: - 1Th 2:1 – 20
Message
You and I become children of God as a result of the work of God’s word in us. The word revealed the intent of our hearts that were contrary to God’s precepts and admonitions; it further showed us what to do to become favoured and cheriseth people of God; our faith in the word recreates, renews us and brought us into the kingdom of God because we received it as the word of God and not as the word of men.
The word of God is potent, powerful and works effectually in them that believe it as God’s word. It is obvious then that many people that go to church today and yet remain in one sin or the other have not:
·         Seen the word as the word of God
·         Accepted the word
·         Through meditation on the word allows it to work effectually in them
·         Had faith in the word
The word of God has power to save, cleanse and preserve us in the Lord; it rises against the arrow of sin and fiery darts of the devil thrown against believers; and by it we overcome trials and temptations. The word is spirit and life; it makes us alive unto God; it is light unto our feet and prevents us from sinning against God.
Ps 119:11 Thy word has I hid in mine heart that I might not sin against thee.
The word kept Joseph in the strange land and he said how can I do such a great wickedness and sin against God.
Ge 39:9 There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?
The word is alive forever and it is forever settled in heaven and by it we shall all be judged. Hence let the word dwell in you richly, let it be your companion wherever you go and it will be like fire shut up within you propelling you to do the will of God.
Confession of the Day
Thy word have I hid within me that I might not sin against you; it is the lamp unto my feet in the open ant in secret; at home and abroad.
Prayer Points

Heavenly father, I present my heart to you this morning, take your place, have your way, purge and cleanse me by the word and make my heart magnetic enough to retain your words as I read it day by day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STERLING LEADERSHIP

WELL OF LIFE

SUPPLYING OUR NEEDS