Right Attitude in Distress

Monday 29th April, 2019
Word of Life Daily Devotional
Right Attitude in Distress
Memory verse: - Ps 6:2 Have mercy upon me, O Lord; for I am weak: O Lord, heal me; for my bones are vexed.
Bible Reading: - Psalms 6: 1 – 10
Message
This time around, the psalmist was passing through some chastisement as a result of something he had done that displeased the Lord.  When you are in Christ and Christ is in you, you will enjoy the time of refreshing that come from the Lord; there will be inner peace for the kingdom of God is not meat and drink alone, but righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost; even your enemies shall be at peace with you. On the other hand all the aforementioned blessing and many more will be lost if one departs from the Lord or if one goes into sin as the case of the Psalmist in our text today. Sin in believer’s life opens the way for bad things to come upon him and this was rightly pointed out in the scriptures by our Lord Jesus Christ:
John 5:14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.
When you see affliction and oppression of the devil upon you, the right thing to do is to go to God in heart searching and genuine repentance; and when you truly repents and call upon the Lord; he will hear and restore your peace unto you; he will also make all your enemies to be at peace with you.
Just like the Psalmist, Jeremiah passed through the same experience of sickness unto death, but he returned and sought the face of God and his health was restored to him. God is our father [those that have jettisoned the devil and his works] who has good thought concerning us and to give us the expected end; go to him when you are in distress with full assurance that he will hear thee and solve your problem for you and you shall not be put to shame.
Confession of the Day
As a child runs to his father for help in times of need; so will I rely on God in times of distresses and problems.
Prayer Points
Lord, hear me when I call, cast me not away from you; draw me closer and showers your mercy me; let me not stray away from in troublous times; uphold me with thy right hand of righteousness till the end. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STERLING LEADERSHIP

WELL OF LIFE

SUPPLYING OUR NEEDS