Remove the Obstacle (II)

Wednesday 1st May, 2019
Word of Life Daily Devotional
Remove the Obstacle (II)
Memory verse: - Job 11:14 If iniquity be in thine hand, put it far away, and let not wickedness dwell in thy tabernacles.
Bible Reading: - Acts 6:1 – 15
Message
Prayer is a dialogue and not monologue for the Lord himself said call upon me; I will answer thee and show you great and mighty things that thou knowest not of.
Jer 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
He is not a deaf God; he hears and answers prayers of the devoted and doers of his will, not of sinners for their prayers are abominations unto him unless they repent.
I read about Charles G. Finney who refused to join a church very close to his house when invited. He simply told them that if their God has not been answering their prayers then he will not serve such god. He thereafter took it as a challenge and went into the woods to cry unto the Lord alone and the outcome was that he got converted, sanctified and was filled with the Holy Ghost all at once; and was used by God to affect his generation positively for God.
It is not about praying, praying and praying without result like worshippers of Baal that cried unto their dead god from morning till evening and went to the extent of cutting themselves, yet there was not voice or reply from their god; don’t be like them for our God is not like their God; he is God of the living.
If you remove the obstacle of sin he will hear you and even do exceeding abundantly far above that which you ask or think according to his power that works in believers.
Isa 59:1 Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: 2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
Another thing you need to remove is ignorance; for if you do not prayer according to the will of God he will not hear thee. Therefore, sin, ignorance and lack of watchfulness will hinder your prayers; remove them.
Confession of the Day
I will pray according to his will and watch in the same and I will be heard by him who is alive.
Prayer Points

Lord, as I read your words grant me understanding, plant the word in my heart and make me pray aright and not amiss. Answer my prayers for the people around me to see your glory in my life in Jesus name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STERLING LEADERSHIP

WELL OF LIFE

SUPPLYING OUR NEEDS