PRAYERFULLY FULFILLING MASTER’S MANDATE

MONDAY 28TH MAY, 2018
Words of Life Daily Devotional
PRAYERFULLY FULFILLING MASTER’S MANDATE
MEMORY VERSE: - Ac 6:4 But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.
BIBLE READING: - Gen 24: 1 – 67
MESSAGE
In our Bible reading of today, Abraham decided to get a wife for Isaac the promised child from God who was obedient child that submitted to the leadership of his father. Children that tarried before coming are seen to be more precious than others because their parents would have sought the face of God enough before their arrival. Samuel was more useful than his brethren when he came, John the Baptist was an instrument in the hand of God and Samson was a battle axe in the hand of God against Philistines – the enemies of God’s chosen people. Are you an expectant mother who is seeking the face of God day and night for your Isaac, Samson, Samuel, John the Baptist etc. be peaceful your special child is on the way, he will come and not tarry in Jesus name.
The eldest servant of Abraham in whose hand his master had committed all his earnings and belongings was given the assignment of getting a wife for Isaac. He was sent because he was an obedient, reliable, and prayerful servant. He called on the God of Abraham for His leading and guidance in the assignment that:
Ge 24:12 And he said, O Lord God of my master Abraham, I pray thee, send me good speed this day, and shew kindness unto my master Abraham. 13 Behold, I stand here by the well of water; and the daughters of the men of the city come out to draw water: 14 And let it come to pass, that the damsel to whom I shall say, Let down thy pitcher, I pray thee, that I may drink; and she shall say, Drink, and I will give thy camels drink also: let the same be she that thou hast appointed for thy servant Isaac; and thereby shall I know that thou hast shewed kindness unto my master. 15 And it came to pass, before he had done speaking, that, behold, Rebekah came out, who was born to Bethuel, son of Milcah, the wife of Nahor, Abraham’s brother, with her pitcher upon her shoulder.
God answered the prayer before he had done speaking. He had promise us in Isa 65:24 that “And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear”
The mandate given to us today by Master Jesus is to go and preach the gospel to all sinners and backsliders so as to bring them back to God from their own ways; and we need to do this prayerfully like Abraham’s servant did.
Disciples of our Lord Jesus Christ said they shall give themselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word and this they did so much that they turned their generation upside down for God; and many people believed the gospel. Jesus said the work I do ye shall do and greater that his shall we do because he goes to the father. We are the mouth piece, the feet and hand of Jesus to make him known to the world so that they can call upon him for their salvation.
If you are of Christ and you have the mind of Christ you will evangelize the world around you prayerfully. You will pray for the people before witnessing to them, pray with them before and after the witnessing and pray for them after the witnessing like Paul in:
Gal 4:19 that my little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,
Fulfill the Master’s mandate prayerfully before, during and after witnessing to them about the salvation of their souls. And God will speedily answer your prayers in Jesus name. (Amen)
Confession of the Day
I will read my Bible every day, pray and witness to the dying one around me every day.
Prayer Points: God make me a faithful soul – winner in Jesus name. (Amen)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STERLING LEADERSHIP

WELL OF LIFE

SUPPLYING OUR NEEDS